The directorate envisions to provide a diversity of sustainable Income generation activities that promote high quality and cost effective University core services in teaching, research and consultancy.
The Planning, Business Development and Investment directorate was established to ensure sustainability of high quality and cost effective core services in teaching, research and consultancy for better outcomes for our students, residents, and customers. The DPBDI supports the leadership of the University to set strategic direction and enables the university to deliver, responding to external challenges, including financial pressures and changes in the operating environment. Our Directorate plays a significant role in the development of the University Business Plan, sets out annual priorities to support the whole University to deliver significant change.
1. In liaison with the Estates unit, the DPBDI will develop and continuously review expansion targets including physical infrastructure.
2. The Directorate is responsible in coordinating and controlling the planning and effective, and efficient utilization of all resources.
3. The Directorate is responsible in developing and monitoring the implementation of Rolling Strategic Plans and disseminate the findings to respective stakeholders.
4. The Directorate shall Initiate, Develop and Oversee the implementation of all development projects.
5. The Directorate shall provide technical advise to the management on appropriate rent and fees to be charged to entities wishing to rent space or operate within CUHAS premises.
6. The DPBDI is responsible in Marketing University facilities (e.g. investment land, land property, housing) in consistency with University policy.
7. The DPBDI serve as secretariat to the planning and finance and any other relevant sub-committee.
8. The DPBDI serves as a custodian of all university policies, regulations and guidelines and monitor their implementation.
9. The DPBDI shall create, manage and effectively use and publicize University statistics.
10. The DPBDI shall prepare annual budgets in liaison with the CUHAS Chief accountant/Bursar.
11. The DPBDI shall provide technical advice on all planning and development undertakings at CUHAS.
12. The DPBDI shall seek opportunities for the University to invest in profitable corporate ventures with trusted stakeholders.
13. The DPBDI shall take initiatives to search for investors on University land and other assets owned by CUHAS.
14. The DPBDI work on suggesting effective strategies for mobilizing resources for implementation of University plans.
15. The DPBDI works with the university management in liaison with the Procurement unit to develop Cost-Cutting measures and monitor their implementation.
CUHAS has adequate well experienced repository of academicians and research fellows to offer the following consultancy activities: