Once fully established the ICT Directorate is mandated to provide leadership in the development,
management and use of ICT in the University. The Directorate will be responsible for:
- Development and implementation of ICT Policies, Strategies and Standards
- Support of the university’s ICT Infrastructure and the management and day-to-day operation of:
The Directorate has an oversight responsibly for the Setup, Administration, Troubleshooting and Problem
Resolution of PCs, Printers, Servers, Networks and Communications systems.
- The Network Operating Centre,
- The university’s fiber optic backbone,
- Computer Labs,
- Telephone System.
- University Email System
- Providing Internet Access
- Providing the technical support of the WBUCHS Website
- Promoting the use of e-learning tools
- Basic ICT Training for staff and students
- ICT Advisory Services
The administration and management of Directorate is organized as follows:Computer Systems
: Repairs and maintenance
of computers, printers, etc, Data Centre Operations, Server Administration, Technical Support of computer labs,
Systems security, Power supply systems.
»Telecoms & networking: Technical Support of LANs, WANs and Phone systems; Network Administration; Email, Internet access.
»Student Computing: Overall management of student access and use of computers at ICT centre, Faculties/School, Halls of Residence etc
»Training: ICT Training of end-users (staff and students)
»Information & Support: Help Desk: Provide a one-stop point for problem calls and resolution, requestsand information about ICT services; Vendor contacts for problem resolution
»Learning & Research: Overall development, delivery and support of virtual Teaching, Learning and Research systems ,College web site, e-learning and Intranet application.
»Outreach: Linking with other higher education, national and international organisations to contribute to development of ICT education.